Any website that wants to make money needs to get optimized, and stay that way. Running and SEO campaign once or twice isn’t enough in this market: you need to consider long-term maintenance of your SEO.
For long term SEO campaigns to be successful, you need to regularly monitor the search engines algorithms, which can change very frequently. You also need to keep track of your competitors’ optimizations and adapt your strategy accordingly.
Always consider your website as an investment. Setting up a website requires you to devout time, money and effort into it. Your investment needs to be protected and the way to do that is through SEO maintenance. Effective SEO maintenance will ensure that your website is ranked high enough to bring you the traffic you need and keeps the sales coming.
Below are 12 useful tips to help you with your SEO maintenance and maintain your websites’ good rankings:
1) Check Web Pages Regularly and make sure that they are still listed. Your listings are the most important part of your SEO work. Whether the page is listed or not is vastly more important than what key words you have. After all, if your web pages are not listed, then what is there for you to optimize?
2) Monitor The Listings weekly to make certain that your pages are displaying correctly and that there are no problems with your website. While you are at it, find out whether you have risen, dropped, or remained constant in terms of the listings. Odds are that you will not remain constant. If you do remain constant, you should consider this as a small success as you have probably risen above other pages that were formerly above you while others from below you have surpassed you.
3) Watch Out for Issues and Fix Them Immediately.Do not think that issues will correct themselves. Any missing pages should be checked out thoroughly. Chances are that the system has encountered a problem. Always correct any of your mistakes as they can be very costly if not dealt with in a timely fashion.
4. Resubmit Site after Making Major Changes. The most important time to resubmit your site is when you have changed your website titles. Titles are very important in SEO and can deliver you with a completely new set of quality key words.
5. Create Monthly Ranking Reports of your site to see if any changes need to be made to improve your website ranking.
6. Keep building your link popularity. There can never be too many back links to your websites
7. Keep Submitting Your Sites to Major Directories, as spiders use these as a starting point.
8. Study Your Competitors and find out the strategies that they are using. For instance, study your competitors’ websites and find out their keywords strategy. For instance such as researching on the keywords that they are using, the frequency of the keywords and reverse engineering the process in your own websites. You can never go too wrong by studying a successful website.
9. Set Goals for Yourself. Write out an SEO maintenance plan (eg. Timeline and Specific Goals to be achieved). This will help you gauge on your progress at regular intervals.
10. Stay Up to Date with the latest SEO information.
11. Check Your Site’s Performance. Monitor your website traffic and the sources of the traffic. If you are not doing so at the moment, sign up with Google Analytics and do it now.
12. Maintain a Solid Plan for dealing with your website’s growth. Do not panic if you see a drop in the traffic. As with any business or marketing campaign, SEO maintenance requires time and effort. Do sit down and make a concrete plan before starting on your SEO campaigns and working on it consistently.
Read why fresh content is important to SEO campaigns.
Go to Home Page...